Monday, November 9, 2009



I am really excited by the direction I am headed with this quilt! I was inspired by a quick weekend trip to New York. After rushing through the Guggenheim and part of the Metropolitan I began to think more about quilts as art, and how they could look. I love to look at abstract and modern art, and the ways color and shapes are used. An exhibit of Kandinsky was showing at the Guggenheim, and I want to look more at his work. I plan on exploring shapes and colors in new ways.

2 comments:

  1. You should be...its AWESOME! LOVE the color, the shapes, the quilting, they all fit perfectly! COngrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is more than amazing. This is stunning. I love the new shapes,colors, and quilting,too. Sometimes there is a great one and THIS is it!

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©