Saturday, November 28, 2009



I just finished this quilt, and am still trying to figure out what to think of it! I started with large rectangle-shaped pieces, but then found the 2 dark blue curved pieces. I made other curved pieces, and love how they combine and form other shapes. I plan to do more like this; I can see that there is a new world out there of all kinds of shapes. I am reminded of a quote by Georgia O'Keefe: " I found I could say things with color and shape that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for." I think this is on the wall at the Georgia O'Keefe museum in New Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. this is very interesting. I really like the way the light almost white pieces jump out in your recent work. It is getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white piece on the left. Very interesting shape it became within this quilt. Gives it a sense of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one! The shapes keep your eye most engaged! Your colors are yummy, as well

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©