Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Beginning

The top picture is one of the last etc. pieces I have left, and I like the colors on this one. But it is only 8" x 10". The bottom picture shows the beginning process of making something bigger. I am using the colors of the etc. to make a new piece that will be 6-8 feet wide. Getting the colors to work is a long process, and it is interesting to see what changes need to be made to make something quite a bit bigger. You can only see part of it-there are 2 more sections to the left. Of course, I never have just the same colors to work with, so there are adjustments to be made. And I don't want to just copy what  I did before. It is hard to stand back to see what I am doing-but here is where a camera comes in handy. Just looking through the camera lens lets me see things a bit better. Other times, I walk out of the room, and then come back in. This is the fun part. Other times, it is just plain hard!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you do with such simple shapes...GREAT ART!
    But I do know it is not easy creating what to many look like simple compositions.
    I can be much harder than more complex designs as there are so many things that have to be just right.

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©