Thursday, February 2, 2012
As February begins, I finally finished something! I had made several quilt tops recently, but ran out of batting, and backing fabric. The store was out of the batting, so it had to be ordered. This quilt started as something simple, but I did not like the way it turned out. I cut it up, inserted more fabric and sewed it back together. My camera was not working, so I do not have pictures of the process. Then I cut it up again, and sewed different sections together. This is not a way I usually like to work! but I like some of the shapes here. This quilt is long-64 inches wide, by 35 inches high. The colors were inspired by some small pottery bowls my mom gave me once, that are hanging in my studio.