Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BIG




Let me start out saying this is a bad photo, I know. I didn't pay attention to the fact that there was some sunlight when I took it. So I will have to try again when there is no sun, and it is not raining. This quilt is 101" x 64". It was interesting working this big where you are not making blocks, and putting them together. You have to change the way you think. Sometimes I would put something on the wall and the size was all wrong. So I am happy to say I accomplished something-I can make a quilt that is big!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful....I'm working on big sort of abstract piece myself at the moment and I know exactly what you mean. Again....so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I'm really loving the addition of curved shapes on this one. Your palate is nice as well! I'd love to see a close up shot of the quilting. What are your plans for this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robin, I will get a close up of the quilting. It is just vertical lines 1/2" apart. That is always a hard decision, what to do? I decided for my first big quilt to do something fairly easy. I don't know my plans for this yet-any suggestions? My goal was to make something big, and see how it went and what I thought of the process.

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©