Sunday, July 17, 2011




I have been home so little this summer, I have neglected a few things! At the end of May I went to Quilt National, where my quilt, Lost & Found: Blue was shown. It is such a long process: you are notified in October if you get in or not, then send your quilt to be photographed, then you get it back. Then in May you send it back for the show which begins Memorial Day weekend. I had been to QN in 2009, so I knew it was exciting just to go and see all the quilts, but to go and be a part of it, was unreal. It is so interesting to see the quilts up close, and see all the work and techniques that are used. Photos never do them justice. Some quilts were huge, and I began to see what a great idea it would be to make some quilts that make a big impact. Friday evening there is a banquet where the awards are handed out, and there is a slide show.

I think you always need a little time to settle in again, and get back to work. That is the hard part; which direction to go? I think it is good too, to take a little time away, although that is hard! But you do get new experiences which make for more ideas in the future. I am enjoying doing some fabric dyeing, when I have a chance.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your Quilt National experience. Your quilt is so wonderful. I love your large shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to see you with your wonderful quilt! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say I was able to get to Quilt National last month to see the quilts, and your quilt was a highlight in the show for me. I love your Color Forms series.

    ReplyDelete

All images and works are property of Gail Baar, and cannot be used without her permission. ©